A. Daniyal Siddiqui, MD
Chief, Division Of Hematology, Medical Oncology (Cancer Medicine and Blood disorders)
Medical Director, Saint Vincent Cancer and Wellness Center
Assistant Professor of Medicine at University of Massachusetts Medical School
Dr. Siddiqui is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology. As a hematologist/oncologist, Dr. Siddiqui treats many different types of cancers including but not limited to skin cancers (melanoma), Breast cancer, Lung cancer, gastrointestinal cancer, Lymphoma, Head and Neck cancer, Prostate, bladder, kidney, and uterine cancers. Dr. Siddiqui also treats benign and malignant Hematological diseases.
Dr. Siddiqui is confident that in the years ahead, cancer therapies will continue to improve. “Even though we have come a long way, there is still much to be done. We have many great treatments for early stage cancers, but we are still not talking about cures in advanced or stage IV cancers. However, it’s a very exciting time to be practicing in this field because its changing every day.”
Dr. Siddiqui is a big believer in communication and enjoys keeping a white board in his exam room so he can diagram things for patients to help them better understand their disease and treatment. “The patients find it very helpful because the visuals help them grasp the information more readily. I think the more patients know about their disease and what to expect, the better for everyone involved.”
- M.B., B.S. Nishtar Medical College, Multan-Pakistan 1987-1993
- M.D. 1995
- Fellow of College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan (FCPS-1), General Surgery 1995
- Fellowship in Hematology/Oncology, University of Massachusetts Medical School 2006-2009
- Residency, Internal Medicine, New York Medical College, Metropolitan Hospital, New York NY 2003-2006
- Research Fellow, Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology at Westchester Medical Center, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 2000-2003
- Externship, Nassau University Medical Center, East Meadow, NY 1999-2000
- Post Graduate Registrar, Department of Surgery 1995-1999
- Internship in Department of Medicine, General Surgery and Oncology, 1993-1995
- Nishtar Hospital Multan
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURE
- Diplomate, American Board of Hematology
- Diplomate, American Board of Medical Oncology
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Massachusetts License
- Medical Director Saint Vincent Cancer and Wellness Center, 2019-present
1 Eaton Place, Worcester, MA 01608
- Interim Chief, Department of Radiation Oncology, St. Vincent Cancer 2018- 2019
and Wellness Center, 1 Eaton Place, Worcester, MA 01608
- Chief, Division of Blood Disorders and Cancer Medicine 2017-present
(Hematology and Medical Oncology), Saint Vincent Hospital, 123 Summer Street, Worcester, MA 01608
- Director Hematology/Blood disorder/Leukemia/Lymphoma 2017-present
Multidisciplinary Tumor Conference
- Director Multidisciplinary Cancer Tumor conference 2017-present
- Chair, Committee on Commission on Cancer (CoC), St. Vincent Cancer 2016-present
and Wellness Center, 1 Eaton Place, Worcester, MA 01608
- Chair - Performance Improvement Committee Saint Vincent Hospital and 2016-present
Saint Vincent Cancer and Wellness canter
- Director Quality and Safety, Saint Vincent Cancer and Wellness Center, 2016-present
1 Eaton Place, Worcester, MA 01608
- Attending (staff) Physician, Hematology and Medical Oncology, 2015-present
Saint Vincent Hospital, 123 Summer Street, Worcester, MA 01608
- Attending (Staff) Physician Hematology and Medical Oncology, 2015-present
Reliant Medical Group
- Medical Director, Simonds-Sinon Regional Cancer Center, 2015
Health Alliance Hospital, 275 Nichols Street, Fitchburg, MA 01420
- Medical Director Melanoma and Cutaneous Malignancy Program 2011-2015
at UMASS Memorial Medical Center
- Medical Director, Cancer Center, Wing Memorial Hospital, 2009-2014
40 Wright Street, Palmer MA 01069
- COVID-19 Pandemic and Impact on Hematopoietic Stem Cell 2020 Transplantation" by Kamal Sahu, Ahmad Siddiqui, and Jan Cerny Bone Marrow Transplantation. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41409-020-0913-6
- Letter: Methemoglobinemia: a challenge while managing pneumocystis 2020 jirovecii pneumonia Kamal Kant Sahu, Ajay Kumar Mishra, Amos Lal, Ahmad Daniyal Siddiqui, Susan V George NZMJ, The New Zealand medical journal · 8 May 2020, Vol 133 No 1514 ISSN 1175-8716
- Sahu KK, Siddiqui AD. From Hematologist’s desk: The effect of 2020 COVID-19 on the blood system" Am J Hematol. 2020 May 1. doi: 10.1002/ajh.25849. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 32356307
- Letter to Editor: Methemoglobinemia Secondary to Herbal Products 2020 Kamal Kant Sahu, Ahmad Daniyal Siddiqui1, Susan V. George Saudi J Med Med Sci 2020;8:160-1.
- Managing COVID-19 in Patients With Cancer: A Double Blow for 2020 Oncologists. Sahu KK1, Jindal V2, Siddiqui AD3. JCO Oncol Pract. 2020 Apr 17:OP2000167. doi: 10.1200/OP.20.00167.
- Closing the saturation gap: a ten year retrospective experience 2020 with methemoglobinemia. Kamal Kant Sahu, Ajay Kumar Mishra1, Amos Lal, Susan V. George, Ahmad Daniyal Siddiqui. DOI 10.1007/s11739-020-02332-0. Internal and Emergency Medicine, Official Journal of the Italian Society of Internal Medicine
- Cetirizine: old culprit or a new member in the family of 2020 methemoglobinemia? Sahu KK, Mishra AK, George S, Siddiqui AD J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther 25(2):167–168. doi: 10.5863/1551-6776-25.2.167.
- A rare case of spontaneous splenic rupture in refractory Mantle Cell 2020 Lymphoma, Kamal Kant Sahu, Ahmad Daniyal Siddiqui, Yayan Chun Indian J Hematol Blood Transfus 18 March 2020, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12288-020-01277
- Clinical spectrum, risk factors, management and outcome of patients 2020 with retroperitoneal hematoma: a retrospective analysis of 3-year experience. Kamal Kant Sahu,Ajay Kumar Mishra,Amos Lal, Susan V. George & Ahmad Daniyal Siddiqui. 22 Feb 2020. Taylor & Francis online/doi/full/10.1080/17474086.2020.1733963
- Letter to editor: Initiation of a fixed- dose four- factor prothrombin 2020 complex concentrate protocol. Ajay Kumar Mishra, Kamal Kant Sahu, Ahmad Daniyal Siddiqui & Susan V. George. J Thromb Thrombolysis (2020) 49:332-333 DOI 10.1007/s11239-019-02020-7
- Letter to editor: Iron deficiency: An independent prognostic marker 2020 in heart failure Kamal Kant Sahu1 & Ajay Kumar Mishra1 & Amos Lal2 & Ahmad Daniyal Siddiqui1 Ann Hematol. 2020 Jan;99(1):211-212. doi: 10.1007/s00277-019-03872-y. Epub 2019 Dec 9
- Role of Immunotherapy in Metastatic Renal Cell Cancer: Past, Present 2019 and Future. Accepted for publication in Annals of Translational Medicine
- Splenic infarction secondary to myelodysplastic syndrome: unravelling 2019 more etiologies. Swarna Sri Nalluru, Vishal Jindal, Paramarajan Piranavan, Yugandhara Kate, Ahmad D. Siddiqui. ACR (AME case reports) 2019;3:31. doi: 10.21037/acr.2019.07.11. Published 08/08/2019
- From Oncologist’s Desk: Hemato-Oncological Aspect of Using 2019 Vaporizers, E-Cigarettes, and Other Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS). Kamal Kant Sahu1, Ajay Kumar Mishra1, Amos Lal, Ahmad Daniyal Siddiqui, George M. Abraham. Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion. DOI 10.1007/s12288-019-01177-8 Published 09/06/2019
- An Unusual Case of Enteropathy-associated T-cell Lymphoma Type 2 2019 with Pulmonary Metastasis. Vineel Bhatlapenumarthi, Anannya Patwari, Ahmad D. Siddiqui. Cureus 11(9): e5714. doi:10.7759/cureus.5714. Published Septemver 20,2019.
- Dying to be Ill: Munchausen meets warfarin overdose. Padmastuti Akella, 2019 Vishal Jindal, Sandhya Maradana, Ahmad D Siddiqui. Journal of Family Medicine and Primary care; Published 08/28/2019, Volume : 8, Issue : 8 , Page : 2741-2743
- Hypertriglyceridemia Induced Pancreatitis Due to Brentuximab Therapy 2019 First Case Report. Sandhya Maradana, Padmastuti Akella , Swarna S. Nalluru, Vishal Jindal, Ahmad D. Siddiqui. DOI: 10.7759/cureus. Published: July 15, 2019
- Meta-analysis of a master mimicker: endobronchial lipoma 2019 Padmastuti Akella, Vishal Jindal, Bharat Singh Bhandari, Ahmad D. Siddiqui. Chinese Clinical Oncology. Published 08/17/2019 doi: 10.21037/cco.2019.08.17
- Does T stage affect prognosis in patients with stage IV B differentiated 2019 thyroid cancer? Mu Li1, Nitin Trivedi2, Chenyang Dai3, Rui Mao4, Yuning Wang5, Ying Ning6, Sophie Zhuoying Gu7,Lihong Huo8, Ahmad Daniyal Siddiqui9* Endocrine practice 2019 Jun 6. PMID 31170365
- Mu Li, Sophi GU, Rui Mao, Ying Ning, Nitin Trivedi, Ahmad Siddiqui, 2019 Pengyang Li, Lihong Huo. County median family income is an independent prognostic factor for stage IV Anaplastic Thyroid Cancer Anticancer Research 2019 Feb;39(2):949-956. doi: 10.21873/anticanres.13198. PMID: 30711980
- Aditi Singh, Milind Bhagat, Ahmad D Siddiqui, Simant Thapa. 2019 Peripheral T-cell Lymphoma, Not Otherwise Specified: An Unusual Presentation of a Rare Lymphoma Cureus 11(1): e3813. doi:10.7759/cureus.3813
- Pancytopenia: A Rare and Unusual Initial Presentation of Breast Cancer 2019 Vishal Jindal, Anannya Patwari, Vineel Bhatlapenumarthi, and Ahmad D Siddiqui. Cureus. 2019 Mar; 11(3): e4235. doi: 10.7759/cureus.4235. PMCID: PMC6516623. PMID: 31131159
- Vishal Jindal, Aditi Singh, Ahmad D. Siddiqui, Laszlo Leb. 2018 The appropriateness of testing Platelet factor 4/Heparin Antibody in patients suspected oh Heparin-induced Thrombocytopenia. Cureus 10(10):e3532. DOI 10.7759/cureus.3532
- Manuscript review; Molecular neurobiology. Manuscript Number: 2018 MOLN-D-17-01303 Vishal Jindal, MD; Sorab Gupta, MD Title: Paradigm shift in Brain Metastases therapy- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors
- Derek Weycker, Amanda Silvia, Kathryn Richert-Boe, Mark Bensink, 2016 James O. Brady, Lois Lamerato, Heather Lipkovich, Ahmad Daniyal Siddiqui and David Chandler. Use and Patterns of Supportive Care Among Patients Receiving Myelosuppressive Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Lung Cancer, or Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma in US Clinical Practice. Blood 2016 128:5909
- Siddiqui AD, Piperdi B. KRAS mutation in colon cancer: A marker of resistance to EGFR-1 therapy. Ann Surg Oncol 2010; 17:1168-76.
- Seiter K, Liu D, Loughran T, Siddiqui AD, Baskind P, Ahmed T. Phase I study of Temozolomide in Relapsed/Refractory Acute Leukemia. J of Clin Onc 2002:20;33249-3253.
- Siddiqui A, Sheikh ZS, Liu D, Seiter K. Coexistence of Inversion 16 and the PhiladelphiaChromosone in patients with AML. Leukemia & Lymphoma 2002:43;1137-1140.
- Seiter K, Liu D, Feldman E, Siddiqui AD, Hoang A, Baskind P, Ahmed T. Intravenous bolus topotecan in patients with AML. Leukemia & Lymphoma 2001:42;963-8.
- Seiter K, Lou D, Loughran T, Siddiqui A, Baskind P, Ahmed T. Phase I Study of Temozolomide in relapsed/refractory acute leukemias. 2001 Blood: Supp 2.
- Seiter K, Liu D, Lerner RG, Siddiqui AD, Kanchelia R, Ahmed T. Phase II study of Temozolomide in advanced MDS. Blood 2001: Supp. 2.
- Liu D, Seiter R, Kancheria R, Siddiqui AD, Ahmed T. Mitoxantrone, Ara C and Pentostatin: A Novel Non-myeloablative conditioning regimen (MAP regimen) for hematological malignancies. ASBMT 2002; Abstract #65.
- Seiter K, Liu, Loughran T, Siddiqui D, Kancherla R, Ahmed T. Temozolomide is an oral alkylating agent approved for treatment of Gliomas. In vitro studies demonstrate activity in acute leukemia. 2001; ASCO.
- Seikh ZS, Siddiqui A. “A Case of Carcinoma of penis metastatic to the pericardium. ”Case report for the American College of Physicians downstate annual competition.
- Siddiqui AD. Alzheimer’s disease “The price to pay for a longer life.” DAWN daily newspaper, June 14, 2000.