A. Daniyal Siddiqui, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine University of Massachusetts Medical School
Chief, Division Of Hematology, Medical Oncology (Cancer Medicine and Blood disorders)
Medical Director, Saint Vincent Cancer and Wellness Center
Dr. Siddiqui is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology. As a hematologist/oncologist, Dr. Siddiqui treats many different types of cancers including but not limited to skin cancers (melanoma), Breast cancer, Lung cancer, gastrointestinal cancer, Lymphoma, Head and Neck cancer, Prostate, bladder, kidney, and uterine cancers. Dr. Siddiqui also treats benign and malignant Hematological diseases.
Dr. Siddiqui is confident that in the years ahead, cancer therapies will continue to improve. “Even though we have come a long way, there is still much to be done. We have many great treatments for early stage cancers, but we are still not talking about cures in advanced or stage IV cancers. However, it’s a very exciting time to be practicing in this field because its changing every day.”
Dr. Siddiqui is a big believer in communication and enjoys keeping a white board in his exam room so he can diagram things for patients to help them better understand their disease and treatment. “The patients find it very helpful because the visuals help them grasp the information more readily. I think the more patients know about their disease and what to expect, the better for everyone involved.”
- M.B., B.S. Nishtar Medical College, Multan-Pakistan 1987-1993
- M.D. 1995
- Fellow of College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan (FCPS-1), General Surgery 1995
- Fellowship in Hematology/Oncology, University of Massachusetts Medical School 2006-2009
- Residency, Internal Medicine, New York Medical College, Metropolitan Hospital, New York NY 2003-2006
- Research Fellow, Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology at Westchester Medical Center, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 2000-2003
- Externship, Nassau University Medical Center, East Meadow, NY 1999-2000
- Post Graduate Registrar, Department of Surgery 1995-1999
- Internship in Department of Medicine, General Surgery and Oncology, 1993-1995
- Nishtar Hospital Multan
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURE
- Diplomate, American Board of Hematology
- Diplomate, American Board of Medical Oncology
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Massachusetts License
- Medical Director Saint Vincent Cancer and Wellness Center, 2019-present
1 Eaton Place, Worcester, MA 01608
- Interim Chief, Department of Radiation Oncology, St. Vincent Cancer 2018- 2019
and Wellness Center, 1 Eaton Place, Worcester, MA 01608
- Chief, Division of Blood Disorders and Cancer Medicine 2017-present
(Hematology and Medical Oncology), Saint Vincent Hospital, 123 Summer Street, Worcester, MA 01608
- Director Hematology/Blood disorder/Leukemia/Lymphoma 2017-present
Multidisciplinary Tumor Conference
- Director Multidisciplinary Cancer Tumor conference 2017-present
- Chair, Committee on Commission on Cancer (CoC), St. Vincent Cancer 2016-present
and Wellness Center, 1 Eaton Place, Worcester, MA 01608
- Chair - Performance Improvement Committee Saint Vincent Hospital and 2016-present
Saint Vincent Cancer and Wellness canter
- Director Quality and Safety, Saint Vincent Cancer and Wellness Center, 2016-present
1 Eaton Place, Worcester, MA 01608
- Attending (staff) Physician, Hematology and Medical Oncology, 2015-present
Saint Vincent Hospital, 123 Summer Street, Worcester, MA 01608
- Attending (Staff) Physician Hematology and Medical Oncology, 2015-present
Reliant Medical Group
- Medical Director, Simonds-Sinon Regional Cancer Center, 2015
Health Alliance Hospital, 275 Nichols Street, Fitchburg, MA 01420
- Medical Director Melanoma and Cutaneous Malignancy Program 2011-2015
at UMASS Memorial Medical Center
- Medical Director, Cancer Center, Wing Memorial Hospital, 2009-2014
40 Wright Street, Palmer MA 01069
- A review on recipients of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation 04/2021 patients with COVID-19 infection. Therapeutic advances in infectious Disease. 2021,Vol 8:1-8. Kamal Kant Sahu and Ahmad Daniyal Siddiqui DOI:10.1177/20499361211013252
- Update on diagnosis and treatment of immune thrombocytopenia 03/2021 Rajeev Sandal, Kundan Mishra, Aditya Jandial, Kamal Kant Sahu & Ahmad Daniyal Siddiqui. Expert Review of Clinical Pharmacology DOI: 10.1080/17512433.2021.1903315
- Current Perspectives on Diagnostic Assays and Anti-PF4 08/2020 Antibodies for the Diagnosis of Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia. Kamal K Sahu, Vishal Jindal, Joseph Anderson, Ahmad D Siddiqui, Ishmael A Jaiyesimi. Journal of Blood Medicine 2020:11 267–277 PMCID: PMC7443028, PMID: 32884385, doi: 10.2147/JBM.S232648
- Because Every Drop Counts: Blood Donation During the 08/2020 COVID-19 Pandemic: Transfusion Clinique et biologique. Kamal Sahu, Manish Raturi, Ahmad Daniyal Siddiqui, Jan Cerny 2020 Aug; 27(3): 105–108. Published online 2020 Jul 10. doi: 10.1016/j.tracli.2020.06.009. PMCID: PMC7351037. PMID: 32782213
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells in COVID-19: A Journey from Bench to 07/2020 Bedside. Kamal Kant Sahu, MD, Ahmad Daniyal Siddiqui, MD, Jan Cerny, MD, PhD. Laboratory Medicine 2020;XX:0–0 DOI: 10.1093/labmed/lmaa049
- Challenges for management of immune thrombocytopeniaduring 06/2020 during COVID19 pandemic. Kamal Kant Sahu, Ahmad Daniyal Siddiqui, Nima Rezaei, Jan Cerny. Journal of Medical virology. J Med Virol. 2020;92:2277 2282. DOI: 10.1002/jmv.26251
- Review on gall bladder myeloid sarcoma: a great masquerader 06/2020 Kamal Kant Sahu, Santosh Rajaram Kale, Ahmad Daniyal Siddiqui Manuscript ID: CCO-19-250-R1. Chinese Clinical Oncology; Vol 9, No 3(June 2020). doi: 10.21037/cco-19-250
- Systematic review of methemoglobinemia in acetaminophen 05/2020 Poisoning KK Sahu, SV George, AD Siddiqui QJM: An International Journal of Medicine, hcaa174, https://doi.org/10.1093/qjmed/hcaa174
- Managing Sickle Cell Patients with COVID-19 Infection: 06/2020 The Need to Pool Our Collective Experience: Kamal Kant Sahu, Ahmad Daniyal Siddiqui, Jan Cerny. British Journal of Haematology: First published: 23 May 2020 https://doi.org/10.1111/bjh.16880
- Hypocalcemia with Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors: 06/2020 The Disparity among Various Reports. International Journal of Endocrinology. Swarna Sri Nalluru , Paramarajan Piranavan, Ying Ning, Haritha Ackula, Ahmad D. Siddiqui, and Nitin Trivedi. Volume 2020, Article ID 7459268 https://doi.org/10.1155/2020/
- Cancer Treatment During COVID-19 Pandemic. Medical Oncology 05/2020 Journal. Vishal Jindal, Kamal Kant Sahu, Susanna Gaikazian, Ahmad Daniyal Siddiqui, Ishmael Jaiyesimi Med Oncol. 2020; 37(7): 58. Published online 2020 May 29. doi: 10.1007/s12032-020-01382-w, PMCID: PMC7256336 PMID: 32472216
- Aspirin is Associated with Reduced Rates of Venous 05/2020 Thromboembolism in Older Patients with Cancer. The Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology and Therapeutics. Pengyang Li, MD, Ying Ning, MD, Mu Li, MD, Peng Cai, MS, Ahmad Daniyal Siddiqui, MD, Eric Yang Liu, PhD, Michelle Hadley, DO, Fangcheng Wu, MD, Su Pan, MD, Richard A. F. Dixon, PhD, Qi Liu, PhD Volume 25 Issue 5, September 2020 https://doi.org/10.1177/1074248420925021 PMID: 32400177 DOI: 10.1177/1074248420925021
- Convalescent Plasma Therapy: A Passive Therapy for 05/2020 An Aggressive COVID-19. Sahu KK, Jindal V, Siddiqui AD, Cerny J, Gerber. JM. J Med Virol. 2020;92:2251-2253 May 21. PMID: 32437024. https://doi.org/10.1002/jmv.26047
- COVID-19 Pandemic and Impact on Hematopoietic Stem Cell 05/2020 Transplantation" by Kamal Sahu, Ahmad Siddiqui, and Jan Cerny Bone Marrow Transplantation. 55, 2193–2195 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41409-020-0913-6
- From Hematologist’s desk: The effect COVID-19 on the blood 05/2020 system. Sahu KK, Siddiqui AD. Am J Hematol. 2020 May 8 : 10.1002/ajh.25849. doi: 10.1002/ajh.25849 [Epub ahead of print] PMCID: PMC7267306. PMID: 32356307
- Managing COVID-19 in Patients With Cancer: A Double Blow for 05/2020 Oncologists. Sahu KK1, Jindal V2, Siddiqui AD3. JCO Oncol Pract. 2020 May;16(5):223-225. PMID: 32302270 PMCID: PMC7228681 (available on 2021-05-01) DOI: 10.1200/OP.20.00167
- Meta-analysis of a master mimicker: endobronchial lipoma 04/2020 Padmastuti Akella, Vishal Jindal, Bharat Singh Bhandari, Ahmad D. Siddiqui. Chinese Clinical Oncology; Vol 9, No 2 (April 2020). doi: 10.21037/cco.2019.08.17
- Closing the saturation gap: a ten year retrospective experience 04/2020 with methemoglobinemia. Kamal Kant Sahu, Ajay Kumar Mishra1, Amos Lal, Susan V. George, Ahmad Daniyal Siddiqui. DOI 10.1007/s11739-020-02332-0. Intern Emerg Med. 2020 Sep;15(6):1109-1112. doi: 10.1007/s11739-020-02332-0. Epub 2020 Apr 10.
- Clinical spectrum, risk factors, management and outcome of 03/2020 patients with retroperitoneal hematoma: a retrospective analysis of 3-year experience. Kamal Kant Sahu,Ajay Kumar Mishra,Amos Lal, Susan V. George and Ahmad Daniyal Siddiqui. Expert Review of Hematology; Volume 13, 2020 - Issue 5 Taylor & Francis online https://doi.org/10.1080/17474086.2020.1733963
- Role of Immunotherapy in Metastatic Renal Cell Cancer: Past, 09/2019 Present and Future. Amos Lal1, Kamal Kant Sahu2, Vishal Jindal2, Ajay Kumar Mishra2, Ahmad Daniyal Siddiqui2 Ann Transl Med 2019;7(Suppl 8):S349 | http://dx.doi.org/10.21037/ atm.2019.09.95doi: 10.21037/atm.2019.09.95
- From Oncologist’s Desk: Hemato-Oncological Aspect of Using 09/2019 Vaporizers, E-Cigarettes, and Other Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS). Kamal Kant Sahu1, Ajay Kumar Mishra1, Amos Lal, Ahmad Daniyal Siddiqui, George M. Abraham. Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion. 2020 Jan;36(1):202-204. PMID: 32158108 PMCID: PMC7042424 (available on 2021-01-01) DOI: 10.1007/s12288-019-01177-8 Epub 2019 Sep 6.
- Does T stage affect prognosis in patients with stage IV B 09/2019 differentiated thyroid cancer? Mu Li1, Nitin Trivedi2, Chenyang Dai3, Rui Mao4, Yuning Wang5, Ying Ning6, Sophie Zhuoying Gu7, Lihong Huo8, Ahmad Daniyal Siddiqui9* Endocr Pract. 2019 Sep;25(9):877-886. doi: 10.4158/EP-2019-0051. Epub 2019 Jun 6.
- Splenic infarction secondary to myelodysplastic syndrome: 08/2019 unravelling more etiologies. Swarna Sri Nalluru, Vishal Jindal, Paramarajan Piranavan, Yugandhara Kate, Ahmad D. Siddiqui. ACR (AME case reports) 2019 Aug 8;3:31. doi: 10.21037/acr. 2019.07.11. eCollection 2019. PMID: 31559387 PMCID: PMC6736785 DOI: 10.21037/acr.2019.07.11
- County median family income is an independent prognostic factor 02/2019 for stage IV Anaplastic Thyroid Cancer. Mu Li, Sophi GU, Rui Mao, Ying Ning, Nitin Trivedi, Ahmad Siddiqui, Pengyang Li, Lihong Huo. Anticancer Research 2019 Feb;39(2):949-956. doi: 10.21873/anticanres.13198. PMID: 30711980
- The appropriateness of testing Platelet factor 4/Heparin Antibody 10/2018 in patients suspected oh Heparin-induced Thrombocytopenia. Vishal Jindal, Aditi Singh, Ahmad D. Siddiqui, Laszlo Leb. Cureus 10(10):e3532. PMID: 31131159 PMCID: PMC6516623 DOI: 10.7759/cureus.4235
- Supportive Care Among Patients Receiving Myelosuppressive 12/2016 Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Lung Cancer, or Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma in US Clinical Practice. Derek Weycker, Amanda Silvia, Kathryn Richert-Boe, Mark Bensink, James O. Brady, Lois Lamerato, Heather Lipkovich, Ahmad Daniyal Siddiqui and David Chandler. Blood (2016) 128 (22): 5909. https://doi.org/10.1182/blood.V128.22.5909.5909
- KRAS mutation in colon cancer: a marker of resistance to EGFR-I 04/2010 Therapy. Siddiqui AD, Piperdi B. Ann Surg Oncol 2010; 17:1168-76. doi: 10.1245/s10434-009-0811-z.
- Seiter K, Liu D, Loughran T, Siddiqui AD, Baskind P, Ahmed T. 08/2002 Phase I study of Temozolomide in Relapsed/Refractory Acute Leukemia. J Clin Oncol 2002 Aug 1;20(15):3249-53. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2002.01.030.
- Siddiqui A, Sheikh ZS, Liu D, Seiter K. Coexistence of 2002 Inversion 16 and the Philadelphia Chromosone in patients with AML. Leukemia & Lymphoma 2002:43;1137-1140.
- Seiter K, Liu D, Feldman E, Siddiqui AD, Hoang A, Baskind P, 2001 Ahmed T. Intravenous bolus topotecan in patients with AML. Leukemia & Lymphoma 2001:42;963-8.
- Seiter K, Lou D, Loughran T, Siddiqui A, Baskind P, Ahmed T. 2001 Phase I Study of Temozolomide in relapsed/refractory acute leukemias. 2001 Blood: Supp 2.
- Seiter K, Liu D, Lerner RG, Siddiqui AD, Kanchelia R, Ahmed T. 2001 Phase II study of Temozolomide in advanced MDS. Blood 2001: Supp. 2.